Friday, January 29, 2010

Marathon Training: Report 8

Tempo run, 5 miles including warm-up, 3 miles @ 9:14, cooldown. This was scheduled for Wednesday, but postponed to Thursday.

After the disappointment of an indoor treadmill run on Tuesday, I was determined to go outside yesterday. However, when I discovered a "feels like" temp of -5, the treadmill suddenly appealed to me. I didn't get an early enough start, and some of the kids woke up earlier than usual. So the run went down as follows:

1 mile in 10:59.

Jump off. Change Max's diaper. Get milks for Max and Little Mommy. Settle them with a morning show. Wake up the Actress and the Artist so they could start getting ready for school. Help Mr. Bloomers finish making his lunch and drive him around the corner to meet the bus. Run back down to the basement. Spend a tenth of a mile just getting the treadmill back up to speed before officially starting the time and distance clocks.

3 miles in 27:42.

Jump off. Make lunches for the big girls. Make sure they have everything ready for school. Wake Princess. Load kids in the car. Walk the big kids to the door of the school with my winter coat over my running shorts. Almost become hyphothermic. Drive home. Fix breakfast for little kids. Put Princess in high chair with her breakfast. Run back to the basement.

1 mile in 10:25.

Kind of an anticlimactic cool-down, but I got the miles in!

Have to start runnning by about 5:30 AM tomorrow to get 14 in before they miss me. Mr. Bloomers has a longer run of his own and we have a Primary Activity at the church at 10 AM.


Happy running!


PS Reached a fun milestone with this run. 500 miles since I started diligently tracking my miles on August 1st.

No comments: