5 miles in 50:34 (10:06 pace)
Couldn't get my tired self out of bed to run before the kids were up. Got the big ones off to school and gave the 3 year old a choice between the jogger and the gym child care...he picked the gym. Tough to send the big kids back after spring break. Counting down till summer.
Tuesday:
Wimped out today. Didn't make running a priority so it didn't happen.
Wednesday:
5 miles in 45:54 (9:10 pace)
First mile at 10:00 pace. Next three at 8:40ish pace. Then ran downstairs to join the spin class for the last 35 minutes. Picked up daughter from preschool and did one more mile at home in 9:58. Supposed to be a 7 mile run today including 3 miles at 8:40 (tempo), but I just didn't have that kind of time, or mental capacity for the treadmill.
Thursday:
3 miles in 30:43 (10:14 pace)
followed by 2.1 miles in 12:00 on the recumbent bike. Nice easy pace on a fairly high resistance while reading a book.
Friday:
2 miles in 20:34 (10:17 pace) just to prep the legs for tomorrow's long run.
Saturday:
I've been dreading this run for weeks upon weeks!!
22.25 miles in 3:47:41 (10:13 pace)
Ran the first 20.3 miles straight through at a 10:14 pace, with the exceptions of two quick restroom stops and a check on a painful toe. (Does a bloody toe qualify me as a real runner?) The Arboretum was hillier than I thought, but I actually handled it surprisingly well. Then I stopped to pick the big girls up from a church activity (10 minute drive) and ran another .95 miles in the church parking lot while I waited for them as the activity went late. Took them home (5 minute drive) and finished one last mile on the treadmill.
Rather than trying to be supermom, I should have called Dave to get the girls and just finished the run all at once. Live and learn! The breaks in conjunction with waiting too long to eat afterwards made me so so very sick all afternoon. The stomach issues were way worse than the sore legs. Last long run before the marathon and I couldn't be happier. Tapering sounds heavenly.
This was the last of the torturous runs!!! Now to tapering. The next three weeks will be less strenuous so I can rest up for the big day. I can hardly wait to cross the finish line!
Happy running!
2 comments:
Reading through your training kind of reminds me of my own training right now. There are those up and downs days....some days are better than others.
I say the bloody toe qualifies you as a runner. I think anyone who trains for a marathon is qualified as a runner :).
Enjoy the taper :). You deserve it. I have a 20 miler in two weeks...I don't know how I am going to handle it...but it must get done.
I will be glad FOR you when this marathon is over and you spend more time being yourself instead of a fulltime runner!!!
Post a Comment