
December 12th Mr. Bloomers and I were blessed to find a last minute baby-sitter when our original plans fell through (thanks Brandon) so we could punish ourselves by participating in the Plainfield Jingle Bell 5K.

Feels like temperature was 7, and it took about a mile and a half for me to actually be able to feel my feet. But even in the cold, I finished in record time (for me) and took third in my age group. Feels great to medal.

This was Mr. Bloomers first 5K. GO MR. BLOOMERS! I know this race didn't go as well as he'd hoped, but it sure was awesome to be there together.
2 comments:
Way to go! Did you beat Mr. Bloomers??? :) I want to know!
Um, yes. If you were on dailymile with us, you'd see just how fast we each ran...
Let's just say I'm continuing to train hard in part to prolong the time when Mr. Bloomers will catch up.
I don't remember our exact times, but I came in somewhere between four and a half and five minutes faster.
Post a Comment