Pretty good considering that I had to blow my nose, and/or cough up loveliness every little while. The sickness continues here at the house of germs.
In fact, today I bit the bullet and even went to my doctor, to get my own antibiotic. My nasty cough had gotten worse, and had been joined by a low grade fever, aches, and the sick kind of exhaustion. Will probably postpone tomorrow's run until I've had two doses of antibiotic.
We will be back to the pediatrician tomorrow morning. Princess finished her antibiotic yesterday, and then spiked a fever this afternoon, and her cough got worse again. And now Max has a fever, and his cough is sounding awful, and he's been complaining about his left ear. On top of that, Little Mommy was started on an antibiotic yesterday for her pneumonia. Poor kids. Sometime I think it is truly amazing that I ever get any running in with such a crazy life.
Anyway, back to the marathon training...
On Sunday I took a hard look at my marathon training schedule for the first time. I tried to think about what it would be like to do a training run of 20 miles. (I've never run more than just over 13.) I started to panic over the thought. Who runs 26.2 miles without stopping, on purpose, for fun? How will I be able to do this?
Then I thought about how overwhelmed I was when I first considered a 5K. I'd never run a race before, and running 3.1 miles without stopping seemed like quite a challenge. But I kept running, and got stronger, and could run further. I did well on my first 5K. And then I ran a half marathon. And now 3.1 miles seems like nothing.
And then I knew that I could do this. That I should do this. That if I keep to my training schedule, I will be ready.
Happy running!
3 comments:
You go girl. I really can not fathom 26.2 miles. Honestly.
Just don't do anything while you're sick....your body will tell you NO NO NO. so listen!!! Don't ask me who I am to be giving YOU advice.....butit's free and consider the source.....
Hey Kristin
Followed you from DM. I remember the feelings of my first loooong run. I actually never went higher than 18. I had a few races in between, half marathons, and I let those take place of the long run. I figure that I put as much effort in those as I would on a 20 miler.
If you are feeling a little sick or anything at all out of whack, I say take a day off. The beauty of training is that you can shuffle your days around :).
I hope everyone gets feeling better soon.
Post a Comment