Monday, February 15, 2010

Marathon Training: Report 15

This week has been really tough. I am not a professional athlete, and I don't get to nap when I'm tired, or have a sports massage when I'm sore. I'm a mom and duty almost always calls. I got up to train between 5 and 5:30 AM all week long to get it done before the kids were needing me, until Friday, when I decided I would have to get the short run in later cause I needed a little extra sleep.

This was a recovery run. Thanks to Playhouse Disney for providing the baby-sitting for the preschoolers while I ran 3 miles in 31:46 just to keep the legs moving. I was SO SORE from the weight lifting that I found myself trying to keep my upper body as still as possible while I ran. Sure I looked funny.

Saturday meant time for another long run: 16 miles. And it was freezing outside again. After the frozen Fuel Belt and eyelashes run of a couple of weeks ago, I determined that I couldn't do that again. I'm not a polar bear people!

So I instead performed the mentally draining act of running for 2:49:36 on a treadmill. Yes, THE TREADMILL for nearly THREE HOURS! I watched a movie and then listened to my Ipod. It was pretty boring, but I pulled through because I am so afraid of not being ready for May 1st. My intense fear of being poorly trained is very motivating. Praying for warmer temps by next Saturday.


Happy running!

1 comment:

Alexis said...

Keep up the training! From what I read you're doing AMAZING! I do not think I could do what you are doing. I'm praying that you'll make it through, which I know you will. You are SUPERMOM! I was talking to my husband and he says from past experience of cross country that as soon as you get up to a 22 mile run, you will be ready for that marathon. But he also said keep in mind that he's not doing what you are doing and he admires you as well!!!