Friday:
Got my swim in. Still need goggles, but managed to pull out 1000 m in 27 minutes. I alternated all kinds of strokes today. Side stroke? Elementary backstroke anyone? It was a ragin' good time.
2 miles in 20:51
Then I came home and hopped on the treadmill. Needed to prep the legs for Saturday's loooooooooooong run.
Saturday:
20 miles in 3:31:50 (10:35 pace)
This was my most intimidating run to date. Twenty miles, seriously? That is like FOREVER. We attend church services for three hours on Sunday. That's a long time, right? But this run took three and a HALF hours.
I ran the first 12 on the treadmill. Watched a mostly lame movie. Listened to the Ipod some, then threw on the warmer layers and did the last 8 outside in the cold. It was tough to run that long but I made it!!! And my legs ached afterward like never before.
I wonder why. :-)
Happy running!
2 comments:
I thought I should tell you that I love reading your blog for many reasons: I have three kids under 6 and feel overwhelmed often, I've been running for almost 8 years now and only 3 years ago decided to seriously train to run in races (5k's until I decided I liked longer runs, 10k's for awhile and now I am running my first half-marathon April 10th. I loved the idea of cross training that you mentioned. I do zumba. I love it. Its nice to see where you are with your training and compare it to my own. Best of luck
Super woman! I haven't caught up for a while, it was fun to see all that you are accomplishing right now. Good luck in your marathon. It sounds as though it is coming up soon and you've prepared really well. You'll rock that race!
Post a Comment