Saturday, February 6, 2010

Marathon Training: Report 12

7.05 miles in 1:15:00 (10:38 pace)

I am ditching my old training schedule. I am going to still keep the long runs as prescribed, mostly at least, but I hope to spend some time tomorrow figuring out how to better spend the next 12 WEEKS UNTIL THE MARATHON!!!

The first change will be to go to four days of running per week: Two days with easy miles, one day midweek with a more challenging workout (alternating between tempo runs, speedwork, or hill training), and of course the Saturday long runs will keep getting longer.

Additionally, I am going to crosstrain two days per week. Leaning heavily towards the gym option, with swimming, spin classes, and weight training as possibilities.

As for today...

I was considering running outside when Mr. Bloomers came downstairs in his outside running duds. I was so happy for him to be back to pounding the pavement, that I happily took to the treadmill instead whilst the babe slept and the other four mostly tended to themselves. Max and Little Mommy spent most of the time playing in the basement by me. It was nice.

I really am fatter than I was two months ago. I'm not feeling sorry for myself or saying that I think I am fat, but I am saying that the extra pounds of chocolate and ice cream now attached to my legs, bum, and belly do make it harder to keep pace.

During this run I rediscovered my motivation to eat better. And today, I am proud to announce that I didn't sneak any treats. Not even the whole day. And I'm not even going to have one now before bed! Yes, I did have a little ice cream with dinner, but it was a very reasonable amount, and it was at a church gathering with HOMEMADE ice cream. Who can say no to that?


Happy running!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like you're doing awesome. I am faithfully following! :) Wow, only 12 weeks to go. I'm so excited for you!

Crys said...

I had ice cream today as well. Is is considered sneaking if your kids are in bed :)

Kristin said...

Um. Yes.

Alexis said...

you are such a great inspiration to me! Now that I'm starting to exercise regularly I need to adjust my diet, but I just can not resisit those yummy treats! And that homemade ice cream was delicious! Good luck with your new training schedule, I wish you the best training in the next 12 weeks