Thursday, February 18, 2010

Marathon Training: Report 16

Monday was an easy recovery run. Slept in and had to run after the kids were up and the older ones delivered to school, which isn't my favorite.

3 miles in 31:44 (10:34 pace)

Tuesday is my harder running day and speedwork was on the schedule. I warmed up for a mile and a half, and then ran 1 mile in 8:27 with a half mile recovery before running 1 mile in 8:20. Then I had to hop off to change diapers and fix breakfast as the kids were getting up early.

Ran back down to the treadmill while they ate and ran a quarter mile to get moving again, following by 1 mile in 8:00, and 1.25 miles to cool down. Had hoped for 7 miles, but cut it short at 6.5 to get Mr. Bloomers to the bus. However, when I got upstairs Mr. Bloomers said he needed to take the later train so he could finish what he was working on already. I wasted no time going back to the treadmill for a last half mile in 4:40.

7 miles in 1:08:03 (9:41 pace).

I'm getting tireder everyday. Is tireder even a word? This is hard work, but I'm grateful that my body is strong enough to do it.


Happy running!

3 comments:

Crys said...

I don't know if it is a real word or just a mommy word. Wow I'm impressed with your diligence. Do you think your body is just getting worn down, your mental state or is there a chance on a number six? I swear that is my instant thought in the mornings when I can't wake up. "Shoot," I think.."is it possible..." Well you are amazing anyway.

Kristin said...

Um. I'd be shocked to discover #6 was on the way. I really think it is the intense training without the extra rest to compensate.

Though I have had those kinds of wonderings in the past on nauseous days so I do know what you are talking about.

And thanks. This part of my life does feel amazing right now. The piles of unfolded laundry? Not so much. :)

Isela said...

Does your training call for a week that is not so strenuous? My program has my 5th week as my easy week and my training slows down that week. I am also following a beginner program though and my longest run is just 22 miles